Monday, April 8, 2013

ipad Mini Case

I made an ipad mini case for my husband's birthday.  I used this tutorial from One Shabby Chick, but for the mini, I cut the pieces 7.5" x 10" (per thisblog).  I didn't quilt the cover, just cut all the pieces 7.5x10.  I tapered the lining pieces - the top was 7.5" wide, but the bottom tapered to 6.5" to reduce bulk from the batting.  The flap was cut to 3.5"x4" (I first tried 3x4, but it seemed too small so I redid it).  I added a pocket for the ear buds (pocket was made with two pieces of 7.5"X4" cotton with lightweight fusible interfacing between the two).  Choosing fabric for DH was so not fun.  I usually love choosing fabric for sewing projects, but here, my goal was to find something as plain as possible without being completely solid...
iPad case made by me for Jeremy's birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment