Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rainbow Baby Quilt

This is a quilt I made for S when she was born.  It is a crib-sized quilt - 34" x 50".  The pattern is from Rita at Red Pepper Quilts - it is the Quilter's Palette Quilt Pattern.  I loved working with this pattern - I love all of Rita's work and the pattern was very clear and easy to follow and I learned a bit about her techniques :)

The fabric is all organic from Cedar House Fabrics.  It was harder than I expected to choose semi-matching fabrics.  Some of the ones I ordered didn't really go and I had to order a few more.  I'm happy with how the blocks turned out.  The fabrics are a mix of brands - Daisy Janie, Monaluna, Cloud 9, and Birch.  The backing is a thin organic flannel.

I'm very happy with the quilt!  I love the colors.  


No comments:

Post a Comment