Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sweet and Spotty Needlecase


I'm making Natalie Lymer's adorable Sweet & Spotty Needlecase. I finished all the embroidery. Unfortunately I used two slightly different DMC threads - one is slightly darker than the other. I didn't even realize but the second I showed Yoav he mentioned it. Of course, he's so sweet he said he liked it with the two colors and I can barely tell and it's a project for me anyway, so I'm just going to leave it. If it were a gift, I'd probably fix it. Also I did all the inside flowers Laisy Daisy stitch instead of Satin because I'm lazy :) No, actually it's just because I don't like doing satin stitch. I need a Pigma Micron Size 1 pen to get it a little better - my lines were a bit thick which makes it hard to do perfect embroidery. I used a water soluble fabric pen, which was quite thick, but at least it completely erases at the end, which is nice for people who don't do perfect embroidery ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment